Monday, February 8

Day of Doodles

This past week was a pretty low key one. Friday I attempted to play racket ball with Kim...we were terrible, so we opted for biking instead, then had some lunch. The entirety of Saturday was spent painting the entire living room, which turned out beautiful. We picked a khaki color for some of the walls, and a nice green for the rest. Once the door frames get painted another coat, things get put back into place, and the new doors get put in, it's going to look like a completely different house! Yesterday, I painted the baseboards, then babysat Michael (an awesome 6 year old who kills me on the wii) for the evening, which was a lot of fun.

Today was a long one. I worked the morning shift (7-9) then came back from 1:30-6. At 5, the entire staff had to drive down to St. Pete to attend the most boring meeting of my life...seriously, I would have preferred sitting through 4 straight classes at FSU. We didn't get home until 9, so it was quite the day. Today was a very doodlicious day for me. I had the spirit of sketching and rolled with it. I shall show you!

The first couple were sketched this morning, and were done completely upside down. I was drawing it for a kid, so I had it facing them (don't ask why I didn't just turn it around). The first is Pierre, a French painter. I decided he needed a wife, so I drew Hilda, although she turned out a little dirty...so she's the maid. And yes, that is sudoku on the sheet I drew on.

In the afternoon, all the kids in my classroom gathered around a table to color/draw...I didn't even make them! I asked them what they wanted me to draw, and one girl told me she wanted me to draw an emo person. I did just that. I was going to draw them slitting their wrists, but thought that might be a little extreme for a church setting. If you can't read it, coming out of the boombox is "sad music..."

During the eternally long class tonight, it gave me more time to draw. I have to warn you, this picture is a little morbid and twisted. I was joking around, writing "bored to death," and drew a revolver. Then it turned into drawing different ways of dying. Demented, I know, but what the hay. Included in these ways of dying is: lightning, a hair dryer in a tub, falling off a mountain, getting hit by a car (with a boom!), shark attack, a rope, and fire. Like I said, I'm twisted and I'm sorry if that offended anyone. And yes, that is sudoku at the top...I'm a little obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails