Sunday, January 31

Eventful Weekend

Wow, it's been a few days since I've posted. Friday night I babysat my high school youth pastor's son, Peter. They adopted him last year from Guatemala, and he seriously is a little bundle of joy. He is such a cuddler, which I did not mind at all!

Yesterday was a busy, yet good one. The weather was super crappy, so it was a day of doing things indoors. I met up with a couple of my friends, Janna and Kelly at Panera for lunch. I looked up the nutrition information online and found out that my favorite salad (Asian Sesame Chicken) was not too bad in calories, after taking out the wontons. After lunch, we went to Cafe Kiln to paint pottery. I chose to paint a set of measuring spoons, since I've been doing so much cooking lately. I decided to not paint any designs on them since they were so small, but chose speckled paint in different colors for each. I'll post the results when I pick it up next week...they should be really cute!

On my way home from Cafe Kiln, I had a hankering for pizza for some reason. I wanted to make it myself, so that it would be healthier. I bought some pizza dough and sauce, and sprinkled cheddar cheese on it. I also cut up some green peppers, added some fresh spinach, and chunks of tomatoes. The crust turned out a bit too thin, but it was beyond delicious.

For the evening, I was joined at the Round Up by my friends Brooke, Emma, Carol Anne, Sue, and Kim. I decided to wear some cute wedged heels, since I was tired of wearing the same boots each week. BAD decision. My feet kept sliding forward, cutting into my toes, and the lack of traction made me fear for my life while spinning. My feet were in so much pain when leaving, and this morning felt like I walked on fire last night. Lesson learned, boots are the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails