Wednesday, January 27

Bulletin Boards

I've decided that my life isn't all that interesting to post something every single day, so every other will have to suffice sometimes.

Each month at work, we decorate our bulletin boards for the current season/holiday. I put a lot of work into the boards, giving the kids something interesting to look at, and even touch...and I'm very happy with the results of them. For December/January, I covered the board with aluminum foil and created a snowman out of felt. I put stuffing inside the felt to add a 3D effect and sprayed some fake snow for dimension. Each Wednesday, we are to do some sort of art project with the kids, so one of the weeks, I had the kids cut paper snowflakes and paint them with watercolors. I think it turned out really cute!

So, I went to work the past couple days tearing down the cute snowman and putting up something Valentine's Day friendly. I covered the board this time with some pretty gold fabric, and in the same way made the bear and heart shaped balloon out of felt and stuffed the inside. I glued on some furry material so the kids had something to feel (they love to touch it). Today for craft I had the kids draw and cut out animals using only heart shapes...they got very creative! I love decorating the room with crafts they do, they have such wild imaginations.

After work today, I raced in rush hour traffic to get to Tampa because I had free tickets to see Dear John. The movie doesn't come out for a couple more weeks, so I was really excited to see it. I made it just in time and had really good seats because my friend Janna got there early. (Thanks Janna!!) I have to admit, the movie was not what I expected, and I wasn't all that impressed. I'm not gonna ruin it for you all, since I'm sure the majority of girls will probably see it, seeing as how it's a Nicholas Sparks adaptation. It was worth my while, I don't regret going at all...it's just not how I would have written it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails