Thursday, January 21

Lately...

Well, this morning started off interesting. I was supposed to work at 7am and forgot to set my alarm. So, that got me scrambling a little this morning, which always makes the day that much more interesting. Nothing else worthwhile really happened today, so I figured I would just talk a little about what I've been up to recently.

As of early December, I made a decision to become more health conscious. I now eat extremely healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week. I've been trying different things, just trying to cut back in the calorie intake daily. I also want to push myself to withstand running for a longer distance, without stopping. There is a 5k in Tarpon in the Spring, running from the beach to the bayou, and my goal is to run the entirety, all 3.2 miles. My favorite thing to eat has to be my morning yogurt and granola. I found this delicious organic cranberry and coconut granola...just as good as it sounds. For lunch, I just can't get past tuna and crackers, with a pickle on the side. I tend to get on these kicks, where I pretty much eat the same thing everyday and have no problem doing so. Dinners vary, usually whatever my mom condors up.

I work as an after school teacher for elementary schoolers, primarily 4th and 5th graders. I absolutely love my job, I just know I need something with more hours and better pay. Thus, endless amounts of resumes and applications have been submitted, though no bites. I don't exactly have a preference of what I want to do, I'm still a bit confused as to what I want to do for the rest of my life. I obtained my degree in Clothing, Textiles, and Merchandising, but don't know if that's really the direction I want to go in my life. I've worked with children since I was 15 (my first job was a child care worker), worked at countless day cares and private homes, and recently have started substitute teaching for a preschool. I have a huge heart for children, and really can't see myself not working with them. Potentially, I'm sure I will take the 3 tests needed to become a certified teacher, or find a preschool to teach at. Who knows what will become of my life...I'm just kind of sitting back and letting life happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails