Tuesday, November 23

Cheese ball

One of my favorite dishes for Thanksgiving is actually not served for dinner. Each year, I make a cheese ball and we munch on it during the afternoon. It is requested for me to make at every family gathering. It is so delicious and easy to make and I am going to share with you my secret recipe. Guess it's not so secret anymore!

Ingredients
2 packages of 8oz cream cheese. Buy regular, not fat free crap.
1 package of Carl Buddig Beef (in your deli meat section)
3 green onions
2T Mayo
1T Lemon juice
Garlic powder

Directions
1. Let the cream cheese thaw out while you prepare the other stuff. Your wrist will thank me later.
2. Cut the beef into tiny pieces. I usually cut 3 pieces at a time. Cut into thin rows and then cut perpendicularly.
3. Cut the green onion into tiny pieces. Cut off the tip and then cut all the way down the onion in thin strips. Take the pile and chop those up too.
4. Throw the beef and green onions into a bowl and add the mayo and lemon juice. Add the softened cream cheese and mix well. Add a few dashes of garlic powder and other spices to your liking.
5. If it seems a bit dry or dull tasting, add more lemon juice, it will spice it right up!
6. Form the mixture into a ball and place on a serving platter. Tip: wet your hands before forming into a ball, this will make it easier to wash it off your hands.
7. Serve with Tricuits and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails