Saturday, November 6

Poor feet

I posted a couple weeks ago that I went to Islands of Adventure in Orlando, but I probably failed to mention that my shoes were so uncomfortable that I was practically limping out of the park. I could have chosen the more comfy route with tennis shoes, but I sacrificed comfort for a more fashionable option. I didn't want to look like some dork with big tennis shoes on with a cute outfit. The result of my sucky choice of shoes were blisters all over my poor feet (which are still healing)! Hopefully, some good can come of my horrible experience for you. Here are some way that you (and I in the future) can prevent blisters.
1. Comfort. Wear shoes that are comfortable and have enough room in the toe box and feel good in the heel.

2. Socks. Wear socks that wick sweat, such as CoolMax. Don't wear cotton.

3. Keep your feet dry. You can use foot powder before putting on your socks.

4. Protect. If you have places on your feet that are prone to blisters, protect them before you leave.

5. Band-Aid Blister bandages with Compeed. I have read in multiple places that these work wonders.

6. Wet 2 tea bags and place them on the blister prone areas at night. Allow the tea to absorb into the skin. The tea has been shown to toughen these soft areas to help prevent blisters.

Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails