Thursday, November 11

Flawless nails

I love getting manicures, but hate that the polish doesn't last very long. I usually paint my nails at home every week although I get irritated because I get little air bumps on my nails. It's beyond annoying and doesn't look very good after working very hard to keep a steady hand. Last week, I asked my manicurist for some tips on how to achieve flawless nails and to avoid the air bumps. I decided that this knowledge shouldn't be just mine, but that I should share the wealth. Here are my Top 10 Tips for flawless nails.

1. Don't shake. Don't shake the bottle, but rather roll the bottle in your palms to blend. My manicurist told me that shaking causes the bubbles, which can stay in the bottle for days.

2. Don't shake/blend clear. The clear polish does not need to be blended, so just apply it. It's thicker, so the blending isn't necessary. Bubbles caused from shaking the clear can last even longer than colors.

3. Don't use too much. Globbing too much on causes a mess and will cause your polish to chip faster.


4. Only remove one side. Once you dip the wand into the bottle, only scrape one of the sides off for the perfect amount.

5. Use a dot. When applying onto your nail, dot the center of your nail first, then use strokes. The dot in the center helps to distribute the polish evenly. So clever!

6. Use the corner. Use the corner of the brush to stroke the sides of the nail.

7. Use pressure. Don't just glide the polish on your nail. Apply pressure and it won't allow the bubbles to form.


8. Avoid chips. After your 2 coats of polish, swipe the tip of your nail with a vertical swoop.

9. Base, 2, and Top. Always apply a base coat, 2 coats of color, and a top coat. The base seems unnecessary, but it is important to protect your nails from yellowing.

10. Let it dry. The manicurists don't have enough time between appointments to allow your nails to dry fully, so they just quickly do it. When you are painting your nails yourself, let the coats dry between coats to have the best result.

HERE'S MORE TIPS!!
11. Use vitamin E oil on your cuticles. It heels cracked cuticles and makes them so soft.

12. When you're at the salon, beware the drying station with the light. The light is very harmful for your hands and will age them if you get manicures often.

13. If you have 2 half empty bottles (or more) of polish in similar shades, say a bunch of red/pinks, combine them to make your own unique shade.

14. Polish with glitter or shimmer in it lasts longer than flat colors.

15. Bring your own polish with you to the salon. It will call your inner germaphob self and you can fix your nicks at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails