Wednesday, December 15

Refrigerator cookies

I make a few different types of cookies each Christmas. One of the many cookies I make we call "Refrigerator cookies." I don't know why we call them that, my mom has just always referred to them as that. Mainly, they need to be refrigerated over night so the dough sits well, so that's probably where she gets it from. Anywho, enough of my rambling, here is the recipe. 

You will need: 
2 eggs
1 cup Crisco
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar packed
2 ¾ cup flour
½ t baking soda
1 t salt
2-3 t cinnamon (red food coloring) OR 1 ½ t vanilla (green food coloring). Add with eggs

1. Mix eggs, Crisco, sugar, and brown sugar together thoroughly.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together and stir into mixture.
3. Mix with hands.
4. Wrap in wax paper. 2 ½” diameter
5. Chill until still. Several hours.
6. Cut into 1/8” thick
7. Place a little bit apart on ungreased sheet.
8. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes. Makes 6 dozen cookies.
9. Feel free to get creative with food coloring and flavoring extracts! We usually do the 2 above and also use peppermint extract (1 1/2 t) with the red food coloring.
10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails