Tuesday, December 21

Traditions

I love how each family has traditions of their very own. It is so great that on Christmas each family does basically the same thing, but in a different manor. Everyone (that celebrates Christmas) wakes up early, grabs their stocking, and rips open the presents. But, not every family does it in that order or in the same way. 

For my family, we wake up when we wake up (there aren't any kids waking up at 6) which is usually around 8. We then grab a cup of tea and our stocking and open them up. In our stockings are individually wrapped little presents that we take turns going around opening (the stocking is by far my favorite part). After stockings, we eat breakfast. When I was a kid, we waited for my grandparents to get to my house before opening presents. Because we became accustomed to waiting for them, it's normal for us to take showers and eat breakfast before opening presents. So, usually after showering and getting dressed, we open our presents. My sister and I usually go around and find whose present is who's and makes little stacks in front of the person it belongs to. We then go around in circles and open the presents one by one. It always really bothered me in Home Alone 2 and in other movies when the kids see their presents and rip them all open, not even watching what each other gets. Those movies make it seem like Christmas is all about gifts, and not appreciating the thought that went into them. After presents, we start cooking for our Christmas dinner. My grandmother is in a nursing home, so we always go visit her and give her her presents around noon. We then come home, eat dinner around 4 or 5, and I sometimes go visit my dad and other grandma in the evening. That's my Christmas!

I have a really busy Christmas day, but it is wonderful in every way! Merry Christmas to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. We used to do morning the exact same way as you! Get up - stockings (one present at a time) - breakfast/shower - presents from each other (immediate family only, one at a time) - then we had preparations/cooking and a late lunch with extended family then present exchange.

    I miss it! I miss stockings most of all.. they are my favorite part of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails