Sunday, October 3

Mall rat

I go to the mall a lot. While working I enjoy walking back and forth with the baby and I also go for leisure. It got me to thinking...how many calories do I burn doing this? I decided to look up the average calories burned while walking at a mall and was pleasantly surprised at the number. The site gave a list of many other activities, so I figured I'd share some of my findings, most of which I participate on a normal basis. These estimations on the site were given for a 150 pound woman, so calories burned for yourself may vary slightly. They also are all per hour.

60: Sleeping
65: Taking a shower
70: Eating a meal (sitting down)
75: Reading, watching TV, Sitting (some brain activity)
90: Grocery shopping
100: Quietly standing in line
110: Brain work - study, desk job, computer work
120: Chasing after kids
120: Driving a vehicle in moderate to heavy traffic
130: Busily cleaning house
130: Walking moderately
135: Mall type shopping - walking, trying on clothes, carrying packages
140: Impatiently standing in line
225: Heavy housework
230: Yoga (breaking a sweat)
250: Light exercise, walking (sweating somewhat)
280: Line dancing
385: Bicycling (12 mph)
390: Hiking, rock climbing, uphill
400: Power walking (4 1/2 mph)
440: Spinning class in a gym
540: Circuit weight training
600: Jogging (5 mph)
850: Elliptical or Rowing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails