Tuesday, September 14

Banana bread

Happy Favorite Things Tuesday!

I thought I would share with you one of my favorite recipes for Banana Bread. I can't take credit for it because I found it online, though it is very time consuming to find just the right recipe. This banana bread is delicious and is definitely my go-to whenever I am in the mood to bake, or if I have a bunch of over-ripen bananas on the counter. Follow these directions and you're on your way to yumminess!

1. Gather your ingredients.
2 cups all-purpose flour (I like to do 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed over-ripe bananas (about 4 average size bananas)

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

3. Combine. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.

4. Cream together butter and brown sugar in a separate bowl.

5. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.

6. Mix banana mixture into flour mixture; stir to moisten.

7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan (9x5).

8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

9. Glaze with an optional crunch topping. (Though it's optional, I tried this the other day, and it rocked my world). In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, 1 tablespoon water, and 3 tablespoons brown sugar. Add on top.

10. Cool bread for 10 minutes in pan. Then turn out onto a wire rack.

Enjoy! Please let me know if you decide to bake this and how you liked it!

Courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails