Wednesday, September 8

I left my heart in San Francisco

Day 8.

We started the morning by grabbing a large breakfast in a cute little cafe next door, checked out of our hotel, and were on our way for our last day in San Fran. The first thing on the list was Lombard St., the second crookedest street in the world. We decided to drive down it first...very very slowly! Then we parked at the bottom and took some pictures, watching the other vehicles descend the big hill.
Next on our list was to visit Alcatraz, a prison on an island (you have to take a ferry to get there). On our way finding parking, we found a cute little photo-op. If you would take note, for some reason I decided to wear a black and white striped shirt to the prison. I didn't wake up that morning and think, "Hmmm I think I'll look like a prisoner today," it just happened.
Alcatraz was quite interesting. I thought that I would have been creeped out, knowing that this place was housed for the worst of the worst, but it surprisingly wasn't. We were given tape recorders, and listened to a narration while we walked through. I like tours like that, where you aren't trying to figure out stuff on your own...the people tell you what to look at and you do. The view of San Fran from Alcatraz was beautiful. The water was soooo blue and the weather was phenomenal!
After Alcatraz, we went and saw the house from Full House!! The door is now painted black (as opposed to the red in the show), but it still looks like the same house! Very surreal seeing that. To carry on with the Full House theme, we next went to the Painted ladies. Do you remember in the opening credits when they are picnicking in the park and have those colored houses behind them? Well, those are the painted ladies in Alamo Square.
From there, Brooke had a surprise for us! We got all dressed up (in a bathroom because we already checked out of our hotel) and went to an amazing dinner at Michael Mina. If you've never heard of it (which I hadn't), it's a restaurant that you either order a 3 course meal or a 6 course meal. The entire table has to do the same thing, so we went with the 3 course, where we were able to have many more options. Oh. My. Goodness. That food was probably the best meal I've ever had in my life! So exquisite, so tasty, so classy. We paired our meal with non other than a glass of wine, each of us ordering something different...we had to make those waiters work for their money! After dinner we said goodbye to San Francisco, and drove back to Los Angeles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails