Friday, September 3

Fall/Winter 2010 Trends

Happy Fashion Forward Friday! 
As I posted yesterday, I am picking themes throughout the week for various days to get the creative juices flowing. Friday is now designated as Fashion Forward Friday. I will discuss all things fashion...after all, it is my passion!

Your input is greatly appreciated! See a trend or something I post about that you like? Let me know and I'll post more like it :)

With it already being September (the summer flew right on by didn't it??), cooler weather is fastly approaching. That means that Fall/Winter fashion trends are very close at hand. I must say, I looooove great jackets, boots, and accessorizing with amazing scarves and CAN NOT wait to be wearing them! I did some research and have found some of the main trends that we will be seeing our near future.

1. Velvet and Velour. Yep, it's back. There are several different ways to wear it. You can go grunge, modern, classy, or feminine. It wasn't my cup of tea when I first saw it, but I can't doubt that I will probably own something that is velvet in the near future. Please note, this trend does not mean you can now wear velour tracksuits (I know you want to dress like Julie Cooper from the OC, but don't).
2. Capes. They sort of add a new swing to your average coat, and I think I like them. Sleeves are overrated anyways. Also in the mix are wraps, shawls, and stoles.
I absolutely love the model's outfit on the left. So chic by Ralph Lauren.
An assortment of capes. Note that animal print is also very big.
3. Camel Coat. In general, neutrals will be a big hit, but I've seen a lot of the camel coat. Its classic touch is what makes it an instant winner. No more stark black and grey coats, bring in the camel. I want one now!

4. Leather Clothing. Apparently you name it, and it will be made out of leather. Leather pants, shorts, skirts, leggings, etc. I guess I'll have to see it to believe it.

5. Lace. This was seen a lot in the Spring, but it will be revamped for Fall/Winter using more vintage style fabrics.

6. Late 50s/ early 60s. The silhouette of the housewife, cinched waist, full skirt, fur, leopard print, and red.
7. 70s. Woodstock with a twist. For day - high waisted pants, neat bow blouses (particularly silk or satin), roll neck sweaters tucked into pants or skirts. Layered with a beaded necklace or vest. For night - shimmery fabrics that tightly hug or drape over the body. Basically, long slinky metallic gowns with a low neckline.
8. Shoes. Knee high boots are already becoming popular, as are kitten heels. Socks will be worn under socks (WTF?) and clogs are making a comeback (God help us all).

Well, there you have it. Happy shopping and Happy Fashion Forward Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails