Friday, September 17

Fashion Week

This week has been a huge one for fashion, it was New York Fashion Week 2010! There were so many amazing collections and very interesting ideas for Spring. If you aren't aware of how the fashion world works, when they have Fashion Week in the Fall they are showing their designs for the following Spring. When you go into the stores now, you see what is popular now. Fashion Week gives you a sneak peak of what's to come (also known as Fashion Forecasting). Thus, Spring 2011 collections were shown this week.

The similar trend/theme of most of the shows for Spring was very relaxed. The silhouetttes were simple, fresh, flowy, and neutral. But, Fashion Week isn't necessarily just about clothes. The shows also give you a peak into accessories, make up, and hair. Simple will be the style for faces, with pops of color on the lips. Eyebrows will be fuller and the over all look is "ease". Hair is lose, flowy, and loose waves, without product.

All of the collections were posted on the Fashion Week website, http://newyork.mbfashionweek.com/, so you're able to view photos from the runway and view your favorite designers. Here are a few of my favorite designers from the week and a couple of their designs:

Michael Kors. One of my favorite designers. His designs were classy and neutral and the coat below is beyond fabulous. He had some great male designs too.

Vivienne Tam. Her designs are for the everyday girl, and I really liked that. They were casual, yet fabulous. I had never heard of her before, but really enjoyed her collection. I'd can't wait to see some of her designs in the future!

Diane Von Furstenberg. I loved how chic her designs were! I also liked how she incorporated a lot of geometric designs. So bold! And how gorgeous is that red suit below?

Vera Wang. When does she ever really go wrong? Her designs are always so beautiful!

Diesel Black Gold. If I had to guess, I'd say the designer was going for dirty/chic. All of the models looks quite disheveled! I liked what they were going for, it was edgy and I like the touches of leather.

DKNY. I liked the neutrals with the pops of color in the scarves and shoes. I pretty much loved it all!

These are just a few of my favorite designers from the week. What were some of your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. you can see that girl's boobs in the michael kors one!!! what the heck?!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails