Sunday, September 5

San Francisco treats

Day 6.

We woke up extremely early and headed off to San Francisco! It was a very long drive (approximately 6 1/2 hours), but the sights were so beautiful and there was this large patch of fog that just seemed to be sitting along the mountains.
As we made our way across the Golden Gate Bridge, we made a quick visit to the Muir Woods, where there are huge redwoods. It was hard to find parking, so we jumped out of the car 2 by 2 and spent about 10 minutes taking quick pictures. I would love to get a chance to go back there and take my time enjoying the forest. The trees were so huge, these pictures don't do it justice. And the smell...my God if you could capture pictures of smells. It was like Christmas with the lovely smell of pine.
Next, we went to Golden Gate Park, to the Japanese Tea Garden. It was one of the top things on my list of things I wanted to see in California. Wow, was I not disappointed! The structures and the trees were so cool! There were so many vivid colors inside the tiny garden. I couldn't pick just 2 pictures, so here's a few of my favorites.
After a quick wardrobe change, we went on our first Trolley ride! It was so much fun! For the evening, we visited Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. For dinner, I had my heart set on eating clam chowder in a sourdough bowl...and it was amazing! So delish! We went to bed fairly reasonably...traveling and tons of tourism in one day takes a toll on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails