Sunday, September 26

Sally's wearing a red dress

I'm pretty sure that every kid has that golden item. You know, their favorite blanket, shirt, toy, etc. Mine was a pair of red sparkly shoes. When I was a little girl, I had a tendency of loving a movie and watching it on repeat. Literally...over and over again. My go-to movies that I remember are The Little Mermaid and Wee Sing Together. I remember absolutely loving Wee Sing Together. The premise of the movie was a little girl, Sally, and her brother get whisked away to the Wee-Sing Park for her birthday and they are entertained by a bunch of different characters, singing nursery rhymes. One of my favorite songs on the movie was about Sally's outfit for her birthday. "Sally's wearing a red dress, red dress, red dress, all day long." Obviously, she wore a red dress, but she also wore red sparkly shoes. I wanted to be her. I thought she was so cool. Therefore, I NEEDED a pair of red shoes just like Sally. When I finally got them, they never left my feet!

4 comments:

  1. I love Sally Smith. She wears a red dress with red shoes like Dorothy Gale in The Wizard of Oz. She wears her pigtails. She reminds me of Amy Sorel from Soul Calibur 3 & 4. I love to make up stories about Zelda spin-offs and The Legend of Zelda. The stories I make up when Sally Smith is a sleeping beauty with Amy, Jane Banks, Carrie Rawlins and more. I also love to make up stories about other kids and people like Clare Field, Cassandra and Jessica Halloran, and Nichole Butler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 26 years old. I STILL love that red dress of Sally's, as well as Jenny and Christina's dresses too. I may have no business wearing dresses like that, but I sure see myself remaking them for some of my American Girl dolls! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH mY GOD MY CHILDHOOD 😭😭😭 my dad threw this movie out when I was 6 because I watched it on repeat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your dad threw it away when you were 6

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments :) I appreciate you reading and giving feedback!

Related Posts with Thumbnails